Home / Welcome
Sunday School at both 8:15 and 11 each week.
Our mission is to be a welcoming, diverse, thankful, and joyous Episcopal community of faith committed to nurturing its members and neighbors through worship and service. Please join us.
May 18, 2010 Property Minutes
Property Committee Meeting
May 18, 2010
Present: Carol Knight, Martha Wallace, Joe Citro, Mona Guarino, Barbara Laymon, Bob Conly, and Carolyn Johnson
- The meeting was opened at 5:30 pm by Martha with a prayer.
- Chimneys. Preddy Clean Chimney Sweeps has completed work on the rectory. They will work on 614 starting on the 18th and 612 on the 19th. The total cost will be $13,800.
- Bells. Richard is working on this. He has 3 bids ranging from $5k to $22k covering 4 options each. The Vestry will discuss this issue on Thursday.
- Shades. Barbara said Cara wants blackout shades for the sunroom. She does not have specific recommendations for other rooms. Budget Blinds has three grades of black out shades ($2,352, $2,100 and $1,974). Samples will be available on May 19 and 1:00 PM.
- Roofing. Joe has called several companies requesting they review our roof and gutters.
- L & M: They made some comments. Main thrust was they would fix the gutters as they were not attached properly (were to the roof itself and not to the facia. The roof over the upper room wasn’t a problem but the pebble dash was. They didn’t mention the singles over the kitchen as a problem.
- Jack Donahue: bid $5k but is not licensed in DC.
- Corley: Joe will ask them for a bid.
- Daniels: Came back with a comprehensive bid along with pictures/drawings at $14k. They also agreed that the gutters were improperly installed and they and the drain pipes were too small (recommend (5” & 4” as opposed to 4” and 3”). Said that if the fascia boards had to be replaced the bid would be a little higher.
- Garden Area in Rector’s Yard. Carol will talk with Dave McCahan about this.
- Painting the Rector’s Office. Carol will get paint samples from Benjamin Moore and Cara will be requested to do the same. She will also talk with the Holy Rollers about doing the painting.
- Electrical Wiring. Carol will talk with Steve Wilcox about wiring for the bell and wiring in the rector’s office (the wire coming out of the wall and Martha’s heater blowing a fuse).
- Carpet: Joe, Carolyn and Bob will meet at 1:00 PM Friday at Georgetown Carpeting. They well be looking at carpeting that is stain resistant and durable and brownish is color.
- Sonia and Bob Conly are concerned about the mustiness in the church. They will go down into the front basement to check it out.
- Next meeting will be Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 5:30 PM. Meeting was closed with prayer by Barbara Laymon at 6:30 PM.